Welcome to Part Two of The Inspiring Drama Teacher!
This section of the course brings you unique content that you won't find anywhere else:
- 14 new practical units on Drama Games and Strategies
- (These are in addition to those in the free Part One course)
- Our ever-growing Drama Lesson Vault where you can download over 20 full-length practical Lesson Plans
- Additional Checklists and Course Materials
- Submit your Course Assignment/Lesson Plan and receive practical feedback
- Monthly Live Q&A Webinar with David Farmer
- Course Certificate
- Access to a special Facebook page to ask questions and share ideas
- Increase student involvement through irresistible drama games
- Explore stories and investigate history through effective group activities
- Develop self-expression and speaking skills
- Bring scenes to life with virtually no rehearsal
- Apply drama to science, geography and other subjects
- Improve confidence in language learning
- Create opportunities for a wide range of writing activities
Each unit of the course comes complete with videos and full instructions of how to implement drama techniques in your teaching.
Don’t miss this chance to learn how to use inspirational drama activities with your students in less time than it took for you to learn how to ride a bike!
Yes, you can learn to use powerful drama games and strategies across the curriculum even if you have never played a drama game in your life.
The tutor provides full support and feedback throughout the course.
Get started now!
What Do You Get With The Course?
- 12 months access
- Expert advice - David Farmer personally guides you step by step through the course using videos, instructional downloads and discussion
- The tutor makes constructive comments on your ideas and answers questions throughout your enrolment
- Simple (and fun) mini-tasks enable you to consolidate and assess your progress
- Learn at least ten different drama games and strategies, ranging from speedy warm-ups to in-depth techniques
- BONUSES - 10 of David Farmer's Lesson Plans (worth £49.70) + Teacher Lesson Plan Vault + Interactive Course Work Book + more...
- Course Certificate awarded on completion of the Course Assignment
- Access the course at your own pace 24/7
David Farmer inspires, motivates and educates teachers about the power of drama to transform learning. Following a stand-out career as a theatre director and producer of shows and workshops for children and young people, he is an in-demand speaker, trainer and writer across the world. His online course Drama Games for Language Teaching won the Best Resource for Teachers Award from the English Speaking Union. He is the author of several best-selling books on drama including 101 Drama Games and Activities and Learning Through Drama.
'Thank you so much for all the lessons and the added extras. I am enjoying the straight-forward, step-by-step lessons. The timing is perfect as I shall use some/all of these ideas and stories in my lessons this term, after the students have taken their exams next week.'
Lucy Cooper, UK
‘Love seeing the activities in action. Short concise examples which are straight to the point. Love how flexible it is as well. Able to pop in when I can.’
Bridie King, Australia
‘Thank you for the amazing course. I felt very supported throughout. I loved seeing the activities in action! I have also received the drama books today and can’t wait to read them.’
Priyanthi Williams, Tanzania
Frequently Asked Questions
‘I'm only halfway through this course but I wanted to say how well received Freeze Frames and Thought Tracking have been. So much so that the youngest group have specifically asked to do it again next week. You have taken a whole load of stress out of starting teaching.'
Sally Chattaway, Godstone, UK
'I adore the fact that each one of the techniques you suggest is chosen carefully for its importance and special meaning. This gives a boost of confidence to the teacher and a feeling of quality and respect to the whole class. Thank you David for transmitting your valuable experience in such an explicit way!'
Theodora Nakou, Thessaloniki, Greece
‘As a teaching artist I am always looking for fresh ideas to complement my interactions with the children. I felt this course reviewed some of what I already do, and then added to my ideas by new ways to use former activities.’
Eileen Nagle, California
The format of the course is just right. I'm supposed to be switching off from school for the hols! But this course is so enjoyable and I can't help but be inspired. The units were interesting and fun to do - and manageable (time wise), a really well designed course.
Kate Beverly, Scotland
'Actually I was really impressed from the first video I watched. Your course is really amazing for us! I'm the vice principal and will advise many other teachers to take this course.'
Ahmet Ates, Ronaki Hawler International School, Erbil, Iraq
'I didn't feel that I was learning in isolation - the feedback from David and the sharing of other course members’ ideas was very comforting. I can't wait to try these techniques in sequence when school comes back after the Easter break!'
Pete Tiley, UK
'It gave me fresh ideas to use for all my classes. I'm very excited about experimenting more!'
Claudia Markovic, Germany